Self-determination and control over decisions relating to health
I just need a short paper writing about the answers to the 2 below questions. Probably 120-150 words each question/
“Self-determination is the legitimacy that people living with disability have ownership, control and choices over the decisions that shape their lives to enable meaningful participation in society and authentic citizenship” (Jane Wardlaw, 2016). The concept of self-determination also relates to people having control over choices and decisions relating to their health. In particular, it is important that vulnerable groups (people living with a disability, people living with a mental illness, Indigenous Australians, Torres Strait Islanders, refugees and migrants) and people living with a chronic conditions are empowered to understand and manage their own health. /
What approaches/programs are in place to support ‘self-determination’, people led health care and chronic disease self-management in Australia? /
What part can you play as a paramedic / pre-hospital provider within the health system to empower people to understand and manage their own health? /
1. Mazel O. Self-determination and the right to health: Australian Aboriginal community controlled health services. Human Rights Law Review. 2016;16(2):323-55.
2. Jennings W, Bond C, Hill PS. The power of talk and power in talk: a systematic review of Indigenous narratives of culturally safe healthcare communication. Australian Journal of Primary Health. 2018;24(2):109-15.
3. Gannon M. Indigenous health: Closing the gap-10 year review. Australian Medicine. 2018;30(3):25.
4. Dudgeon P, Kelly K, Walker R. Closing the Gaps in and through Indigenous Health Research: Guidelines, Processes and Practices: Aboriginal Studies Press; 2010. 81–91 p.
5. Keast K, Dragon N. Indigenous health stepping into the gap: Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation; 2015. 18–22 p.
6. Curtis E, Jones R, Tipene-Leach D, Walker C, Loring B, Paine S-J, et al. Why cultural safety rather than cultural competency is required to achieve health equity: a literature review and recommended definition. International Journal for Equity in Health. 2019;18(1):1-17.
7. Prehn J, Ezzy D. Decolonising the health and well-being of Aboriginal men in Australia. Journal of Sociology. 2020;56(2):151-66.
1. Laragy C. Australia’s NDIS program: A vision for individual choice and control in supports Melbourne: Institute on Community Integration; 2019 [Available from: https://publications.ici.umn.edu/impact/32-1/australias-ndis-program-a-vision-for-individual-choice-and-control-in-supports.
2. Department of Health and Aged Care. Indigenous Australians’ Health Programme: Australian Government; 2021 [Available from: https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/indigenous-australians-health-programme.
3. Australian Human Rights Commission. Close the gap: Indigenous health campaign Sydney2022 [Available from: https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-social-justice/projects/close-gap-indigenous-health.
4. Eassey D, Reddel H, Ryan K, Smith L. ‘It is like learning how to live all over again’ A systematic review of people’s experiences of living with a chronic illness from a self-determination theory perspective. Health Psychol Behav Med [Internet]. 2020; 8(1):[270-91 pp.]. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1080/21642850.2020.1794879.
5. Deci E, Ryan R. Self-determination theory in health care and its relations to motivational interviewing: a few comments. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act [Internet]. 2012; 9(1). Available from: https://doi.org/10.1186/1479-5868-9-24.
ou’ve had some practice now creating servers, VPCs, subnets, and security groups. You’ve created a simple VPC. For the
ou’ve had some practice now creating servers, VPCs, subnets, and security groups. You’ve created a simple VPC. For the Final Project in the class, you are going to create a slightly more complex VPC. This VPC will include two servers and two subnets. One subnet will be private and the other public. We will assume that one server is going to be a database server (which should be protected by a private subnet) and a web server (which can be made public).
This Final Project will require you to use most of the AWS resources that you’ve worked with throughout the course.
Read the specifications in these Instructions for Completing the Final Project (docx) closely and then work through the steps as described. There is no video to accompany the project.
Because the Final Project is more complex, you can start in Week 7. It is due by Midnight on the final Wednesday of the term.
Make sure to submit all of the following items:
A screenshot of your VPC dashboard.
A screenshot of your EC 2 dashboard.
Submit your screenshots to this Module 8.1 Dropbox.
Assessment 2 Instructions: Determining the Credibility of Evidence and Resources
Writing Assignment Help However, you need to review the materials provided on evidence based practice models, then reconsider the model you chose for this assessment. Please review the feedback below for more details. If you have any questions, please let me know.I noticed that you did not identify an evidence-based practice model used to address a quality or safety issue, or a chosen diagnosis. The Cochrane Collaboration is not an evidence based model. Please review the course materials on evidence based practice models before resubmitting your assessment. In order to improve your performance in this criterion please carefully refer to the assessment rubric while writing your assignment so that all the criteria are addressed. It is easy to miss a criterion at times. I would be happy to discuss this with you if you have any questions.
Please read the documents carefuly then start the assignment Elaboration Likelihood Model (ELM) Assignment Instructions Considering what you’ve learned Essay
Please read the documents carefuly then start the assignment
Elaboration Likelihood Model (ELM) Assignment Instructions
Considering what you’ve learned about the peripheral and central routes to attitude change( the document I attached below), go onto the Internet and find one clip of a television commercial that utilizes the peripheral route, the central route, or both.
Submit a link to the clip along with a brief explanation (several sentences) of which route(s) the commercial uses and your rationale as to why the commercial uses the route(s). You will receive full credit if you are correct about the ELM route and if your rationale is accurate; points will be deducted for being inaccurate. A large majority of students use the peripheral route for this assignment so grading will be more lenient for students who use an example of the central route or both routes.
Note that students may NOT use the Family Guy Raisin Bran clip for this assignment. Students who submit that clip will receive a zero (0).
The presentation should meet these criteria: The presentation should contain a title slide and at leat 4 content slides.
The presentation should meet these criteria:
The presentation should contain a title slide and at leat 4 content slides.
The presentation should have an appropriate theme.
The title slide should contain the title, Barry’s Landscaping Service, and asubtitle, Bensenville, Indiana.
The presentation should contain at least one or two clips or pictures on each slide.
The clips and pictures should be appropriately resized.
The 7 x 7 rule should be followed throughoutthe presentation.
The font size of the title text should be larger than the content paragraph text.
Important text should be italicized and/or bolded.
Different font colors could be used to convey meaning.
Spacing between elements in the presentation should be appropriate.
The presentation, as a whole, should be visually appealing.
A transitions should be applied to the all slides in the presentation.
The presentation should not contain spelling or grammar errors.
Submit the presentation in pptx format.
Suggested Structure: The presentation is open to your own interpretation of the project but should include the following items Essay
The presentation is open to your own interpretation of the project but should
include the following items as a minimum:
1) Executive summary (objectives and content)
2) Rationale for the project (describe the current situation)
3) Ratio analysis (financial and non-financial)
4) Project financials (investment valuation methods)
5) Project risks (minimum one each of financial and non-financial)
6) Critical discussion of the methods (if the company did not invest in
7) Final recommendation to the investment committee for the chosen
funding method and supporting reasons for the choice